Fall Misty Morning Scene Autumn Website Graphics

The Lord has worked in marvelous ways through Mineral Heights Baptist Church since the ministry began January 3, 1954, when a group of people met at Wolfe Creek Community Center for the purpose of organizing a Bible-believing Baptist church.  W.O. Majors (Pastor) and Bobby Nutt acted as moderators of the newly-organized church with 80 charter members.  A new building was built for the newly organized congregation, located on the corner of Wesley and Poplar Street.

mhbc_old_small

W.O. Majors was called as the first pastor of the Church. W.O. Majors had moved to Greenville in 1925. W.O. & Mrs. Majors had four children: Oliver, Martha, Truett and Conway.
Shortly after WWII was declared Truett Majors, an Air Force pilot was killed in the Philippines.  A military installation in Greenville used to train Air Force personnel was named in honor of Truett – Majors Field.  Truett was the first Hunt County serviceman killed in WWII.  Greenville also named a baseball stadium after Truett – Majors Stadium.  The stadium’s front gate still remains today and is located on the east end of Lee Street.
Bro. Majors continued as pastor until 1957, when he officially retired from the ministry.  Under Brother Major’s direction the church grew from 80 to 172 members. Bro. Majors established a missions program that exists to this day.
From 1957 until 1969 – The church had a total of six pastors:  Joe Hebel, Jim Nance, J.O. Grooms, Don Spain, Raymond Bugg and Joe Patterson.  Joe Patterson began the bus ministry in 1967.

churchHome

In April 1969, Larkin Jackson Power was called as Pastor.  Bro. Power served as pastor for 16 years until March 1985.  In 1977, the congregation began to seriously consider building a new building.  The decision was made to sell the Wesley property and purchase a larger section of land on Robin Road.  Under the Direction of Brother Jack Power, a new building was completed in early 1979.  It was not long before the new auditorium was filled with converts and members.
In May 1985,  Randall Wayne Langford was called as Pastor.  Under the direction of Pastor Langford, the church, as well as the bus ministry, flourished.  Church attendance grew to approximately 300.  In 1987, Bro. Jerry Brewster was added to the staff as full-time associate pastor and music minister.  Also, in 1987, construction of the L.J. Power Family Life Center began.  Pastor Langford continued as pastor until March 1994.
 
In August 1994,  Brad Strand was called as pastor. Under the direction of Brother Strand and the labor of Brother Danny Gandy, the family center was completed in the fall of 1997.  Also, in 1997, Mineral Heights Christian Academy was established.  Pastor Strand continued as pastor until February 2001.
 
In June 2001, Daniel L. Williford accepted the call as Pastor.  Marvin Kaufman was the principal of the Academy for the 2001 -2002 school year.  For the 2002-2003 school year, Brother Dave Williford was called to become the principal for the academy.
 
In January 2005, under the direction of Pastor Williford and Loren Everett, the members of the Southside Baptist Church felt led of the Lord to join with the members at Mineral Heights Baptist Church to form one congregation, in order to more effectively reach their community with the Gospel message.  Pastor Williford continued as pastor until August 2008.
 
In November 2008, Mike Harrigan was called as the Pastor of Mineral Heights Baptist Church.  Pastor Harrigan led Mineral Heights Baptist Church until November of 2016.
 
In June 2017, Mike Pisney accepted the call as the Pastor of Mineral Heights Baptist Church.
3201 Robin Road Greenville, Texas 75402  903-455-6248